Friday, July 20, 2007

INSEAD July '07 Graduation Day!

Late post this is indeed, but I reckon Graduation Day deserves it. Well, July 5th 2007 marked the official conversion to designated suit-people for 425 of us!

My mom and sis managed to make it over to the forests of Fontainebleau which certainly made it extra special. Add to that the fact that 5th July was mom's birthday as well made the day just about perfect.


Well, as I've mentioned earlier, the Graduation was held in a tent on campus, something that put off several of the participants. I have to say though, that the ceremony itself was very well organized and the content was just right.

Brief speeches by Dean of the MBA program, Antonio Fatas, a man well-respected by the MBA community and Frank Brown, Dean of INSEAD, a man towards whom the student body sentiment is...lets say undecided, kicked things off. Speeches by student council presidents from both campuses and an entertaining speech by a current student, nominated by the class, followed.


Then the process of distributing degrees to over 400 students, some of whom had gone through the same ceremony barely 24 hours before in Singapore! It was interesting to see some of my friends walk up and receive their degrees on stage. Most were very proper, preferring to calmly walk up, take the degree and get off. Some were more animated. Narang brushed the perspiration off his brow for making it, Sheinal's joy knew no bounds, Sood gave us the 'namaste'...once too many times, I'd say. I let an air guitar rip. It was fun.

Cocktails followed, with the usual mix of faculty, students and most importantly, family. It was amazing to see so many family members turn out. There were mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, wives, husbands, girlfriends, boyfriends, uncles, nephews, grandparents...oh, it was an amazing mix. McGauran's dad hitting on Valli's mom...genes.

The ceremony also started things off with a huge round of applause by students and faculty to all the family members, those who had made it and also those who could not. Be it financial or psychological, I know for a fact that without my family behind me, I never would have gotten here and the same holds true for most, if not all of us. So while we celebrate our success, here's a toast to my dad, mom and sister. You guys are amazing and I love you.

3 Comments:

At 12:35 AM, July 22, 2007, Blogger sudeep said...

Congratulations!

It's been a big voyage for you!

Also I'm glad you are back into the Information Technology field :-)

 
At 4:29 AM, July 22, 2007, Blogger Milan said...

Yes, I'd hope to be able to leverage some of my prior Telecom experience, albeit from a Management Consultant's point of view. Not sure my employers would let me stick to just Telecom for too long though!

 
At 11:20 AM, July 22, 2007, Blogger S R Raja said...

Congratulations! To you and your family!!

Yup Rajiv rightly said it - YOU are a SUIT from now on

:-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home