Sunday, July 01, 2007

'Been a long time since I Rock N' Rolled...!


...it really has. For the music psycho I am, there has been precious little excursion on my part ever since I ventured into the heartland of La France. Have not heard anything new that excites me, have not jammed at all, in fact, have barely heard much music.

Which is why when the traditional "INSEAD Cabaret" evening came around, a few of the guys got thinking about putting up a small sequence of songs, mostly Rock-ish. We practiced for just one 2-hour session the evening before the show and got on stage the next day more on hope than any real confidence or conviction.

The INSEAD Class of July '07, as expected, turned out to be totally supportive. We started slowly with a rocked-up version of "Hit me baby one more time".

Next came Blur's Song 2. Finally, the anthem "Smells like Teen Spirit"...which totally rocked the house! Our band was thrilled at how the crowd got involved!


LONG LIVE THE INSEAD SPIRIT !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home