Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Team Profile and professionalism...


Ah, the Team profile preparation for LPG (Leading People & Groups) is finally over! This was meant to serve as a handbook detailing the goals, rules, processess, etc of my study group for the first 2 periods. The cover page of our endeavour is shown here and man, does it ROCK!

While I profess my relief at having realised this task's completion, I must confess it has been a keenly interesting experience; indeed one whose utility many of my classmates have probably not realised yet. I can safely say that when I finally went to bed in the wee hours of this morning, I stayed up for nearly half an hour thinking about all that had gone into the preparation of the profile doc. The final document is impressive, but that is beside the point.

The process of its preparation brought out a few skeletons that had already begun to embed themselves within the confines of Section A1, Group 12. Issues of equitable contribution, punctuality, etc came to light in the most stark manner possible and I for one, am glad this has happened now. Personalities, cocooned behind the masks we all brought with us to INSEAD and the group, were pulled off rather urgently and genuine identities emerged, nearly all for the good. Lines were drawn and accepted.

In spite of this (or perhaps due to this), the professionalism of my group mates has really come to the fore...not once did anyone get defensive. We all came to INSEAD hoping to learn and grow in every possible way and cheers to the guys for displaying their magnanimity in practising this!

We have miles to go before we sleep...