Saturday, September 09, 2006

A night-out in Singapore...

Had my second night out in Singapore since I arrived and I like what I see. Singapore has an assured, vibrant night-life. There are quite a few areas, some more reputable than others.

A few of my INSEAD classmates and I headed out to Clark Quay, a bustling oasis of restaturants, bars and nightclubs. After an eternity of searching for the "ideal" restaurant, we settled for an open shack by the river. The food was terrible, but the ambience was nice. There was an even a coolish breeze blowing, which was a break from the normally humid climate. Post-supper, we headed into one of the better known clubs - The Attica. My 2 Greek friends were quick to point out that this was named after the ancient Greek locale. Not that there was any particular resemblance to the original, but who cares...

Now, Singapore's nightclubs are curious in terms of the mix one finds within. You see plenty of Oriental (read - chinki -- I apologize for the political incorrectness, but the desi in me fails to conjure up a better description) girls, most of whom are there to have harmless, clean fun. And then there is the atypical middle-aged European (read - British)...balding, overweight and eyes full of lust. Mind you, thats not all you find, most of the people are like me...but somehow, this combination sticks out like a fur-coat in Jakarta. Its interesting to stand by the corner and observe (VOYUER sic !).

Having said that, the music is good and entry is pretty inexpensive. Definitely worth a chekout...I look forward to more such breaks of socializing in the midst of the hectic study schedule. Ah, cheers to that !

6 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, September 09, 2006, Blogger Rajiv said...

"...balding, overweight and eyes full of lust" reminds me of something ;)

 
At 10:30 PM, September 09, 2006, Blogger Milan said...

Yes Rajiv, I imaine it does :-)

 
At 3:20 AM, September 11, 2006, Blogger sudeep said...

Dude, is there a hard rock cafe in Singapore ? You can try your vocal skills ....LedZep etc!!!

Rock on !!!

 
At 5:00 AM, September 11, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Milan,

Try eating some frogs,scorpions,snakes,etc.,etc. and let us now how they taste....


regards,
Prashanth (Don't have a profile here!!)

 
At 9:47 PM, September 11, 2006, Blogger Milan said...

Well, the HRC dont really play very hard music at all. But, there are a couple of other good places. So, we rock on...

 
At 9:48 PM, September 11, 2006, Blogger Milan said...

Whih Prashant is this? (Sorry, but I know a few)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home